Monday, September 14, 2015

Dress Code - What's Your Opinion?

Ok, I'm gonna get on my teeny-tiny soapbox for juuuuust a second and then I'll get off ;) This is something that all teachers can relate to. Obviously all places of employment have a dress code for many reasons. Although the restrictions can sometimes seem ridiculous, rules are rules, so just abide by them! 
**Sidenote...our district doesn't approve of Rainbow or Reef flipflops because they aren't considered "professional". I happen to disagree because 1) they are super comfortable and practical for all-day wear and 2) they are made of leather and aren't cheap looking. With that being said, would I would like to wear my Reefs to school? ABSOLUTELY! But is it really worth getting reprimanded by my boss over a pair of shoes? Nope. 
I digress...
I stumbled across this video from the Today Show and I couldn't help but get a little annoyed. Watch it and let me know what you think. Simply put: Just follow your employer's dress code!
Ok, off my soapbox :) Enjoy your week!

post signature

1 comment: