Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Bit More "Chair"ful

Ok, here's the deal. I absolutely LOVE anything d.i.y and I am notorious for stalking a particular home-improvement blog {Young House Love}. What I like most about this blog compared to others is that they truly do their best at making their house a "home". I get a lot of inspiration from them, and I hope that you will find some too! 

Last year I used an old chair as the Birthday Chair for my students. Anything to make them feel special and privileged is great :) As much as the kids loved it, the Birthday Chair was lacking in...well...character. It was pretty blah to be honest; no color, black and white fabric, and hard as a rock. This is what it looked like. {of course the only picture I could find has a filing cabinet covering it up! Go figure.} It's the brown chair in the far left.


After some much TLC, this baby is singin' a different tune! The jade & yellow combination is bright & fun, and who doesn't love a great chevron print?



In all my excitement of painting I forgot to take step-by-step pictures. Oops ;) But let me reassure you how EASY this project is!! Anyone with an ugly/old chair can do this. Here are step-by-step directions, thanks to John & Sherry @ Young House Love.

Have you given any of your classroom furniture a new look? Comment below with your ideas and/or pictures!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new version of your chair...so fun! I've been on the lookout for a chair to make over for my classroom, but haven't found one yet...hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, I've seen lots of great furniture at Goodwill and the Habitat Home Store. I'm not sure what your area is like, but those are places that I've always had good luck at :)

      Delete